Група: Moderators
З: Kharkov
Користувач №: 569
Стать: Чол
Парк машин:
E3-1245V2@3400-Mhz 16GB 1х GTX760DCMOC2GD5 Q8200@2300-Mhz 4GB + то там то сям

Installing and configuring BOINC on openSUSE
http://felipe1982.com/blog/2012/02/11/inst...nc-on-opensuse/
I tried installing and configuring BOINC on openSUSE but found some struggles along the way. I think I’ve got it set up and working, although we won’t see any evidence of problems until it has been running for several days.

After installing boinc-client and boinc-manager from zypper, there is something very important that needs to be changed to the RC script (/etc/init.d/boinc-client) will actually work!

Boinc Client
openSUSE creates a user and a group both named boinc, but the user’s shell is /sbin/nologin, which doesn’t help, because the rc script uses su to execute the boinc-client as the user boinc, but it can’t because it has no shell! This gives it the Bash shell:

# usermod -s /bin/bash boinc

Boinc Manager
Normally, the boinc manager needs to be manually connected to the daemon (boinc-client). But we can fix this, so that the boinc manager connects to the daemon instance upon launching.

Check your current groups

id $USER
Now add yourself to the boinc group (boinc group must be present). The values for -g and for -G should match the output from above! But now you’re adding boinc.

usermod -g users -G audio,video,floppy,boinc $USER
Now edit some directory permissions to let you write into the boinc working directory (/var/lib/boinc). This directory was automatically created when boinc was installed.

chmod g+rwX /var/lib/boinc
ln -s /var/lib/boinc/gui_rpc_auth.cfg ~/
There is one more command that I have not yet tried, and things do seem to work without it.

chmod g+rw /var/lib/boinc/*

sysconfig
By default, the LOCKFILE is set to be /var/lock/subsys/boinc-client, which is very stupid, since ../subsys directory does not exist on a stock openSUSE 12.1 system! I changed it to be /var/run/${BOINCEXE_NAME}.lock (which is included as one of the comments)

Thanks
Thanks to https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Installing_BOINC_on_Fedora for helping me solve the boinc-manager problem.

--------------------
- "ты говоришь так, будто тебя чай ваше не вставляет "

(Show/Hide)

Спаcибо автору алфавита за любезно предоставленные буквы.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Відповідей(1 - 1)
Sergyg
Sep 20 2012, 12:43
Пост #2

Гидробиолог

Група: Trusted Members
З: Dnipropetrovsk
Користувач №: 980
Стать: Чол
Парк машин:
мозок - понад GPU, CPU та GPU+CPU

ужос

по простому - через менеджер установки (как там его) - оно качает версию 6.10.хх устанавливается благополучно, но ... не может законнектиться к себе самому. Даже тест производительности не стартует, т.к. локалхост не находит
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 Користувачів переглядають дану тему (1 Гостей і 0 Прихованих Користувачів)
0 Користувачів:

- Lo-Fi Версія Поточний час: 29th March 2024 - 06:52

Invision Power Board v1.3.3 © 1996 IPS, Inc.