mickydl*
Apr 27 2011, 21:59
Пост #1

Соромлюсь щось писати

Група: New Members
Користувач №: 1 744
Стать: bot

Hello everybody,

I have been trying to get some work done on my Linux machines but so far ALL my WUs ended in an error. sad.gif

One of the problem seems to be related to ZIP (Program not found) (this is one of the results).
After adding a symbolic link to gzip the errors changed to Signal 11 errors.

Has anyone successfully completed any work on Linux ? help.gif

BTW: I'm running 64Bit Linux only.

Regards,
Michael
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Відповідей
Yuriy V
Apr 28 2011, 16:59
Пост #2

мрію про ферму...

Група: Trusted Members
Користувач №: 1 545
Стать: Чол
Free-DC_CPID
Парк машин:
Як прийдеться

(mickydl* @ Apr 27 2011, 22:59) *

Michael

Hi, mickydl*
As SLinCA-Yuri said, try to install the appropriate package, (eg unzip) from the repository of your Linux distribution.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mickydl*
Apr 28 2011, 21:40
Пост #3

Соромлюсь щось писати

Група: New Members
Користувач №: 1 744
Стать: bot

QUOTE(Yuriy V @ Apr 28 2011, 16:59) *

QUOTE(mickydl* @ Apr 27 2011, 22:59) *

Michael

Hi, mickydl*
As SLinCA-Yuri said, try to install the appropriate package, (eg unzip) from the repository of your Linux distribution.

Hi Yuriy V and SLinCA-Yuri,

Thanks for your responses.

I'm not sure that the ZIP problem is the real problem.

After I noticed the computation errors and saw the error message in the WU I linked to in my first post I checked for ZIP on my machines.
I don't currently have zip installed, but I do have gzip on my Linux machines. So in a first attempt to cure the problem I created a symbolic link named zip to gzip in the search path. The error messages of zip not being found are gone now. However, I get Signal 11 errors now (here is an example). I don't yet know if it happens at the end of a WU (and might still be related to the zip problem) or somewhere in the middle of a WU.

There might be different calling conventions for zip and gzip. What exactly do your applications need - zip and unzip ? what command line options do they need? Maybe there is a way to solve this without having to install new software.

Simply installing the right package for my distribution is difficult because I'm not using any distribution. The Linux is completely compiled from scratch (CLFS). So if there's no simple cure for the problem I'd have to compile the right programs from source. Although compiling is not really a problem, setting everything up correctly on my machines is quite some work (a small disk-less cluster booting over network). So I'm somewhat reluctant to to do it.

Regards,
Michael
+Quote Post

Повідомлення у даній Темі

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 Користувачів переглядають дану тему (1 Гостей і 0 Прихованих Користувачів)
0 Користувачів:

- Lo-Fi Версія Поточний час: 19th June 2024 - 12:19